About This Course
This course is designed to equip all educators with the knowledge and skills to confidently create interactive and well-designed online elearning packages which can be deployed across learning management platforms. Educators will explore various course design frameworks and suitable tools to use at various stages of teaching. There will be a particular focus on how to design courses that provide opportunities to interact online, with content, peers and instructors, and the challenges and opportunities around assessing learners online through a variety of means. Finally, educators will have the opportunity to practise using tools to create their own course content with feedback from peers and instructors.
• To examine the challenges and opportunities of online learning environments
• To reflect on how course design frameworks can be used to create interactive and effective learning
• To explore different types of interaction in learning environments, and how to establish online environments that enhance effective learning
• To explore ways to create online platforms that enhance deeper learning opportunities
• To investigate different tools that allow learners to demonstrate knowledge online, and strategies to assess learners in a variety of ways
• To create an online learning environment using FREEJOO and a variety of the strategies and tools explored
• To give and receive feedback on course design to enhance improvement
4 days - there are four modules which should take 6-8 hours to complete in total, followed by an opportunity to practise these new skills using FREEJOO with feedback from course facilitators. The participants need to complete this program at their own pace on any 4 to 5 days of their choice, within a 1 week period. The participants, however, will have access to the program material for up to one year.